Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a difference a year makes

As I was reading through some pasts posts, much has changed. In September I wrote how I had decided being a foster parent was not for me and I was going to focus on adopting. As of a couple months ago it is now the opposite. I have decided to be a foster mom for children ages 4 -18. What a big change this will be in my life. I am very excited as well as a little scared. I am excited to begin a new journey where I can help children who need to know they are important, loved, strong, and worth it. I am scared of the big change in my life, caring about these kids and letting them go and being able to handle tough decisions. I am lucky I have a big support group. So far I feel comfortable with the agency I am working with and feel they will also be a big help to me and the children in my care. Here is to new beginnings and adventures ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Many blessings to you in your adventures in caring for those who need your heart, smile, and abundance of love! :)
    e

    ReplyDelete