Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still." -Kathleen Harris

I have felt a bit stuck lately. My decision whether to adopt or foster and then adopt still has not happened. I met with some people from my MAPP class for dinner last week. Everyone has moved forward with choosing their state agency and have decided between just adoption and fostering.

Not me.

I think it is becasue I keep going back to wanting to adopt an infant which would be through private adoption. So, I am moving forward in that direction.

I have found an adoption attorney I am going to use. I am currently completing my scrapbook about myself that birth parents will look at to help decide a family for their child. I am also going to let the state agency I have been talking to know that I want to adopt and not foster. So I will be working towards adoption on my own and through a state agency. Hopefully God will bless me and my child with each other in the near future.

So though I feel like it is slow, at least I am moving forward. I must continue to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment